Sunday, March 14, 2010

Asian Cult Cinema magazine is no more

The only magazine that I had a subscription to closed it's doors today. They were an enormous part in steering me towards movies I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Just recently 3 of their writers, Graham Lewis, Jerome C. Morris and David Aaron Clark died, but through it's incredible 18 year run, the creator, Thomas Weisser, always had interesting guest contributors, ranging from horror novelists Edward Lee and Jack Ketchum to Oliver Stone.


Sad, sad news. Best of luck to Weisser with whatever the future holds for him.

1 comment:

  1. holy shit. I've been wondering what was going on. I've never been a subscriber as I've just been getting each new issue at my local comic store. But it seems like every week I wonder where the next issue and keep forgetting to go online to see what's up. This is terrible news. Like you it's been a huge source of reference and new recommendations. Hopefully there's still something online about the circumstances... had no idea about the deaths. That's just awful.

    ReplyDelete